Opened on July 1, 1925 as the 100-room Lithia Springs Hotel with a dinner for 500 guests.
Architectural style elements include Romanesque, English Tudor, Gothic, and Neo-Classical Revival.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Carried the original name Lithia Springs until renamed in 1961 as the Mark Antony Motor Hotel.
The hotel was bought at a tax auction in 1998 and renovated over a two year period. The two-story lobby retained its original terrazzo floor and chandelier.
The financially troubled Mark Antony Hotel closed in November 1997, bought July 13, 1998 for $1.6 million, and reopened as the Ashland Springs Hotel in December 2000 following a $9.8 million restoration (about $140,000 per room).
Tiffany-type stainless glass is used in the upper windows and in the three arched openings along First Street.
Once the tallest building between San Francisco and Portland.
The main entry has a catenary arch with inset windows, flanked by two round or Romaneque arches.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?