The building was completed in only seven months, and upon its completion, the Water Commission only occupied the first eight floors of the building with the other city departments filling up the remaining floors.
The building's site was originally part of East Grand Circus Park as designated in 1806. The site was rezoned in 1886, when part of the land became home to the Metropolitan Police Commission.
This building consist of a five-story base, 15 more floors of office space, and a three-story penthouse.
The Water Board Commission became the the sole tenant in the 1990s.
The building was originally only planned to be 14 floors in height, but because of the high land value of the site the height was increased.
The Water Board Building occupies the entire triangular plot of land formed by Randolph, Farmer, and Bates Streets.
The exterior of the penthouse is actually painted terra cotta, with the rest of the building being faced in Bedford limestone. The base also includes marble and bands of pink and grey granite.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?