Twin Towers Apartments
- Located on Burnham Park in East Kenwood, the Twin Towers Apartments are surrounded on 3 sides by other highrises but most of the apartments have views of Lake Michigan, including Promontory Point and the entire Indiana shoreline.
- The project is bounded on the south by Regents Park, and is across the street from the Powhatan and Narragansett Apartments.
- Originally built as housing for U.S. Army personnel at the Fifth Army Headquarters, immediately south of the site.
- The entrance area and both lobbies have dark green walls and floors, with rows of white square tiles.
- The original French windows were replaced in 2004, leaving the Brockton Apartments as the only modern high-rise in Chicago with this once-fashionable window type.
- Until 2006 the Twin Towers were leased and managed together with the nearby Algonquin Apartments, with the building office located in the southernmost of those buildings. The two projects were originally developed in sequence by the same developer.
Also recorded for this building:
Developer, Elevator supplier, Financing, General contractor, Property management, Security system supplier, Structural engineering, Window installation, Window supplier