Towers of Channelside
- Kash n' Karry supermarket will anchor the retail portion of the project.
- The twin tower project would sit atop parking and retail space on a 3.5 acre lot in downtown Tampa.
- The overall project cost is $93 million.
- The plan calls for an enormous pool and 60-foot waterfall.
- Zoning laws that previously limited construction height to 60 feet were changed to allow for this complex.
- In addition to residential space, the design also includes a 30,000-square-foot fitness center, 12,500 square feet of retail space, and a parking lot with two spaces per residential unit and 50 retail parking spaces.
- The two 30-story towers were approved on January 8, 2004.
- On January 19, 2004, just ten days after being approved, 250 of the complex's 260 units were reserved.
- The project has been met with public opposition due to the structures' blocking public views of the bay, blocking public access to the bay, and for bringing traffic to the area, which already has traffic gridlock problems.
- Unit closings are scheduled to begin in July 2007.
Also recorded for this building:
General contractor, Elevator supplier, Developer, Civil engineering, Steel supplier, Structural engineering, Crane rental, Formwork supplier, Owner, Mechanical systems installation, MEP engineering, Fire protection engineering, Sealants & adhesives supplier, Electrical contractor, Plumbing contractor, Geotechnical engineering, Facade installation, Architectural metalwork supplier