The residential entrance is on West Monument Avenue, with YMCA facilities accessed from North Wilkinson Street.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
In addition to the fitness facilities, classrooms, and auditorium, there were 245 residential rooms in the tower.
The building is comprised of a 13-story tower running east-to-west with two 12-story wings projecting to the south over a 2-story base. The tallest section is an additional 2-story tower set off-center, on the east end of the 13-story block.
Upon completion, it became the most outstanding Spanish Revival building in downtown Dayton.
This building became the new central branch of the Dayton YMCA in 1929, replacing a building located 3 blocks to the south, which was susequently converted to the Dayton City Hall.
The Dayton YMCA sold the facility in 1988 to McCormack Baron, who redeveloped the tower into new apartments with completely renovated fitness space for the YMCA.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?