Served as an Annex to the flagship store of L.S. Ayres & Company from 1928-1992.
30 South Meridian and the neighboring L.S. Ayres Department Store were retrofitted in 1997 by Browning Investments & Hagerman Construction for use as an office building and Carson Pirie Scott, one of the anchor tenants of the Circle Centre Mall.
A large penthouse is located to the rear of the building, and is difficult to see from Meridian Street.