exterior-carved-limestone-and-detailing-on-the-fifth-floor-cornice-above-the-main-entrancehttp://www.emporis.com/images/show/489275-Medium.jpghttp://www.emporis.com/images/show/489275-Large.jpgB. Victor Adams
This hotel containted 1,138 guestrooms total when completed in 1924.
The Book Brothers, two prominent developers in Detroit's early high-rise history, purchased the Cadillac Hotel in 1917, and tore it down in 1923 to make way for the Book-Cadillac Hotel of which they took part of the old hotel's namesake.
Floors 7-26 housed the regular guest rooms, 27-29 house specially designed guest rooms, and floors 30-32 were mechanical floors.
The first five floors of this hotel once housed grand public rooms and retail shops.
When this hotel was completed, it housed 30-foot antenna on its roof.
The current renovation proposal of this hotel, scheduled to be completed in 2008, will include the construction of a three-story addition on the north side of the hotel that will include a banquet hall, kitchens, swimming pool and a fitness center.
After the original renovation stalled for this hotel in 2004, a new renovation deal was completed on June 27, 2006 for a 455-room Westin hotel, and 67 luxury condominiums on the top nine floors.
Renovation of the hotel, under the leadership of the Ferchill Group, began in earnest in August 2006.
During renovation, the prominent machine tower was found to be structurally unsound and was reconstructed throughout the spring and summer of 2007. It was reconstructed 17 feet and 11.1 inches shorter, making the copper 'ziggurat' crowns the highest points of the structure.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?