The building appears directly ahead when looking south from Michigan Avenue's "Magnificent Mile".
At the fifth-floor level a series of limestone bas-reliefs portrays scenes from Chicago history.
The elevator interiors contain some of the city's best kept art-deco bas reliefs.
The top floor holds the Tavern Club, which was founded in 1927 by defectors from the Cliff Dwellers Club and whose members have included Frank Lloyd Wright, Mayor Richard J. Daley, Carl Sandburg, Helen Hayes, and William Wrigley.
The Tavern Club's walls are covered by a series of murals by John Warner Norton called "Pagan Paradise" depicting exotic tropical scenes.
Two sets of panels on the subject of "Love Through the Ages" were painted by Edgar Miller for the Tavern Club's walls - one in 1933 and one in the 1950s. Only the latter set survives intact, and it shows a progression of couples from single-celled organisms to the 20th century.
The original design called for a tall, pointed roof on top of the tower, with 2 short spires and a north-south ridgeline.
Architect John Root acknowledged the influence of Eliel Saarinen's second-place entry in the Tribune Tower design competition on this building.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?