The building houses the normal complement of office spaces, but also has telecommunications equipment occupying the top floors.
In order to get a building permission for the large bulk of the slab, the building was set back 3 meters from Sixth Avenue building line and a 25 meters wide mid-block plaza was razed west of the tower.
The original facade striping -- reminiscent of the facade of the Two New York Plaza in Downtown -- consisted of differing bands of white marble, and the facade changes gradually from predominantly white at the bottom, to black with thin white striping in the top-half.
Half a million US dollars were donated for the improvement of the nearby Sixth Avenue subway station.
March 2007: it was announced that the building will officially change its name to 1095 Avenue of the Americas upon the completion of its renovation.
The 192 m tall NYNEX Building consists of a 40-storey white-facaded core which is joined from three sides by a slightly lower glass and marble-walled portion with varying black-and-white vertical striping.
Originally, restoration was intended to be limited to structural maintenance, but later the building's developer, Equity Office Properties Trust, decided to upgrade the Class B+ property to Class A office space.
In late 2006, extensive facade and interior renovation commenced which will result in a new all-glass curtain wall and upgraded office space.
The building borders, along with the W.R. Grace Building, the northwest corner of Bryant Park in Midtown Manhattan.
At the time of renovation, the building was the city's only major office building to undergo renovation into upgraded office space rather than conversion into condominiums or other residential use.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?