Formerly the headquarters of BC Electric (now BC Hydro), this building was converted into condominiums with offices and retail shops at the lower levels. It has 100 office strata units and 242 residential units.
Claimed to be the tallest office tower in the British Commonwealth when completed, which it never was.
Vancouver's very first "modern" skyscraper.
For many years "BC Electric" left all its lights on throughout the night creating a city landmark.
First high-rise building south of Georgia Street.
Dal Grauer, president of BCE, insisted in the original plans that desks be placed no farther than 15 feet from a window, for natural light as well as the view.
Every day at 12 noon a loud horn at the top plays the first four notes of the national anthem (O Canada).
From 1957-1998 address was 970 Burrard Street.
After conversion, all condos were sold in just 8 hours.
Artist B.C. Binning's blue, green and black mosaic tiles are an integral part of the building's design.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?