Structure in General
- World Tower is the 13th skyscraper to hold the title of Sydney's tallest building. It was also the 10th title holder of Australia's tallest residential building, surpassing Century Tower.
- This project had several architects since the early 1990's, including Peddle Thorp & Walker.
- This was the tallest residential tower in the southern hemisphere until completion of Q1 Tower.
- 78 of the building's 715 units are commercial suites.
- The elevators equalled the fastest in Australia when built, travelling at 9 meters per second.
- Level 50 holds a 5 x 25 meter swimming pool (25m x 5m), 155 meters above street level. It was the highest in Australia until the 217-meter high pool on the 74th level of Q1 Tower was completed.
- World Tower has the most lifts in Australia for an apartment building with a total of 15.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
85 Liverpool Street
New South Wales
Emporis Skyscraper Award Year 2004
Also recorded for this building:
developer, electrical engineering, facade maintenance system supplier, wind surveyor