Warsaw Financial Center
Structure in General
- Warsaw Financial Center can be divided into two sections. The lower part corresponds to an average height of surrounding low-rise residentials, while the upper to western center's high-rises.
- The tower's core is made up of two solids: the first, a cuboid and the second, two storys higher, three-side in projection and slightly bulged in the southern side.
- Every second pillar in the exterior of the plith part is a dummy. However, their aim is to strenghten the impression of the pedestal's solidity.
- The lobby's interior is designed in a rivival of late Art Deco style with predominating tint of African cherry, what evokes American skyscrapers' lobbies of the 1930's and 40's.
- The first story of the tower, which is in fact the eigth of the building, contains service areas for tenants.
- Warsaw Financial Center's design was partly inspired by Kohn Pedersen Fox's 333 Wacker Drive.
- Contains 24 full office floors in the tower section.
- The lower part houses a lobby and a 6-story parking skillfully hidden behind this part's walls.
- The exterior's look is made more attractive with a different design of each elevation, achieved without upsetting the compositional whole.
- The critical value of possible swing from perpendicular is estimated at 16cm.
- When completed Warsaw Financial Center was the tallest reinforced concrete building in Poland.
- Together with InterContinental Warszawa Warsaw Financial Center makes up a new west frontage of Emilii Plater Street. Their similar coloring forms a compositional whole.
- In the morning of October 13, 1998 a 16.5 meters high and 2.3 tons weigh architectural spire was installed on the north façade, making the topping out of Warsaw Financial Center come true.
- Unconventional for a building of this height is the central core's area. With the width of 9 meters, it constitutes only 13 percent of each floor's area.
- Mechanical devices are located on both the top floor and underground floors. This allows the skyscraper to do without inter-floor mechanical areas, considered to be a discord in a building's functionality.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
automatic door supplier, client, communications engineering, concrete supplier, construction auditing, construction company, cooling installation, developer, electrical connections, electrical contractor, elevator supplier, environmental consultant, excavation company, facade designer, facade installation, facade supplier, financing, floor installation, floor plate contractor, formwork supplier, general contractor, interior designer, investor, MEP engineering, owner, parking management, property management, real estate agent, sanitary engineering, security system supplier, structural engineering
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings