Wachovia Financial Center
Structure in General
- First Union was the largest (in floor area) and tallest building in Florida until completion of the Four Seasons Hotel, also in Miami.
- Designed by the renowned architectural firm Skidmore, Owings and Merrill, the building's unique design and towering height dominate the Miami skyline, offering breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and City of Miami.
- Located in the heart of the Downtown Business District, it is one block from I-95, and immediately adjacent to the Bayfront Park Metro.
- In the immediate vicinity are several of Miami's best hotels, as well as a festive shopping center.
- This is currently the tallest commercial office high-rise in Florida.
- The building's westerly views will be impeded by Montage at Met 3, which is scheduled to be completed in 2009.
- The building has won the TOBY Building of the Year Award in 1990, 1996 and 1999, and in 1997 was chosen by the Wall Street Journal as one of the 50 best buildings in the United States.
- The Hotel Royal Palm, once one of the most important buildings in downtown Miami, stood on this site.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
communications engineering, concrete supplier, construction company, developer, facade installation, facade supplier, facility management, fire protection engineering, interior designer, interior fit-out, MEP engineering, owner, property management, structural engineering, tenant
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings