US Bancorp Tower
Structure in General
- State's largest office building is known as "Big Pink".
- Plaza built in 1973, ten years before the tower and garage were constructed.
- The building does not have a 13th floor.
- Purchased by Unico in 2000 for US$165 million.
- Menlo Park, CA-based Broadreach Capital replaced JP Morgan as Unico's 50-50 partner on July 19, 2004.
- Located on the 30th floor is the Portland City Grill offering the city's most spectacular views.
- The City Grill consists of 15,000 square feet of dining, bar and banquet facility.
- Portland City Grill took over the space formerly occupied by Atwater’s Restaurant & Bar in 2002.
- A typical floor plate is 18,600 square feet.
- The surrounding granite around the windows may appear lighter or darker depending upon the sun’s location.
- The Big Pink nickname comes from an album by The Band.
- Because of its unique design, the windows can absorb or reflect light depending on the strength and direction of the light; thus, changing the colors of the building windows.
- U.S Bancorp has 480,000 square-feet of leased office space until 2015.
- The building exterior has been designed to not utilize right angles at its footprint.
- The window wall frames are anchored to the granite exterior, while the curtain wall frames are anchored to the steel structure of the building.
- The aluminum window frame types used are; window wall and curtain wall.
- The city's signature landmark office property.
- September 2004: Broadreach Capital Partners LLC acquired a majority ownership in the U.S. Bancorp Tower.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
consultant, general contractor, interior designer, mechanical engineering, owner, roofing supplier, tenant
Features & Amenities
- Helipad is available