US Bancorp Tower
US Bancorp Tower
Big Pink, Unico/US Bancorp Tower
Structure in General
- State's largest office building is known as "Big Pink".
- Plaza built in 1973, ten years before the tower and garage were constructed.
- The building does not have a 13th floor.
- Purchased by Unico in 2000 for US$165 million.
- Menlo Park, CA-based Broadreach Capital replaced JP Morgan as Unico's 50-50 partner on July 19, 2004.
- Located on the 30th floor is the Portland City Grill offering the city's most spectacular views.
- The City Grill consists of 15,000 square feet of dining, bar and banquet facility.
- Portland City Grill took over the space formerly occupied by Atwater’s Restaurant & Bar in 2002.
- A typical floor plate is 18,600 square feet.
- The surrounding granite around the windows may appear lighter or darker depending upon the sun’s location.
- The Big Pink nickname comes from an album by The Band.
- Because of its unique design, the windows can absorb or reflect light depending on the strength and direction of the light; thus, changing the colors of the building windows.
- U.S Bancorp has 480,000 square-feet of leased office space until 2015.
- The building exterior has been designed to not utilize right angles at its footprint.
- The window wall frames are anchored to the granite exterior, while the curtain wall frames are anchored to the steel structure of the building.
- The aluminum window frame types used are; window wall and curtain wall.
- The city's signature landmark office property.
- September 2004: Broadreach Capital Partners LLC acquired a majority ownership in the U.S. Bancorp Tower.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
111 SW 5th Avenue
555 SW Oak Street
111 SW 5th Avenue bordering SW Oak Street & 6th Avenue
Also recorded for this building:
interior designer, general contractor, tenant, consultant, owner, roofing supplier, mechanical engineering
Features & Amenities
- Helipad is available