U.S. Steel Tower
Structure in General
- The tower's shape is a triangle with indented corners.
- U.S. Steel Tower has been the tallest building in Pittsburgh since 1970, and was Pennsylvania's tallest until the completion of One Liberty Place in Philadelphia in 1987.
- In the initial planning stages, the U.S. Steel Corporation seriously considered making this development the world's tallest building.
- At the time of its completion this was the world's tallest building outside of New York and Chicago.
- This building has the largest roof at its height or higher in the world.
- The Sun-Telegraph Building and dozens of other low-rise buildings formerly stood on this site.
- This was the first building to use liquid-fireproofed columns.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
facade supplier, foundation company, general contractor, MEP engineering, parking management, structural engineering, tenant
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- Plaza is available to the public
- Raised floors are available