U.S. Post Office
Structure in General
- The Eisenhower Expressway passes right through an opening in the building.
- This was the largest post office in the world when built.
- Only the northern corners have 14 stories.
- Closed in 1996, when it was replaced by a new facility across Harrison Street to the south.
- One of Chicago's widest highrise buildings, measuring about 798 x 354 feet on the ground.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
consultant, facade consultant, structural engineering