UOB Plaza Two
Structure in General
- The building site was formerly occupied by the 3-storey Bonham Building, where the United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) opened its first branch on 1 October 1935 as the United Chinese Bank.
- The building was officially opened on 19th October 1874 as a 30-storey high building, before being extended and reopened in 1995 as a sister building of the newer UOB Plaza One.
- The extension and renovation of the building, which was completed in 1993, included the addition of 8 new floors, with "dummy" architectural features to mimic the newer tower.
- The building was known as the UOB Building with its street address at 1 Bonham Street when it first opened in 1974. It was renamed UOB Plaza Two and its address changed to 80 Raffles Place when reopened in 1995.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
general contractor, structural engineering, landscape architect, electrical engineering, quantity surveyor, mechanical engineering, escalator supplier, wind surveyor, facade supplier, developer, owner, elevator supplier, project management
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings