University Club Tower
Structure in General
- This condominium tower was canceled in 2001 because of a combination of market conditions and neighbors' concerns about parking and obstructed lake views. However, the project was revived in June 2002.
- The major draw for this tower was that it was to be designed by Santiago Calatrava S.A., architect of the dramatic expansion of the Milwaukee Art Museum. That design was dropped when the project was revived in June 2002.
- Renderings and building details released in Spring 2004 indicate that the building has been increased in height from 25 to 36 floors.
- University Club Tower is being built just south of Kilbourn Tower. The buildings will only be 10 feet apart at the base, and 25 feet apart above the 2nd floor.
- This will be the tallest residential building in Wisconsin, surpassing Kilbourn Tower.
- Groundbreaking ceremony was September 27, 2004.
- Peter Ellis, Design Partner in SOM's Chicago Office, is the building's architect.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
acoustics consultant, concrete supplier, developer, facade supplier, formwork supplier, general contractor, landscape architect, lighting consultant, real estate agent