University Center of Chicago
Structure in General
- Construction began on June 1, 2001.
- University Center of Chicago is the largest joint student residence hall in the United States.
- This dormitory serves three different universities with campuses nearby: DePaul University Lincoln Park Campus, Roosevelt University, and Columbia College.
- From the fourth floor up the building is shaped like an "E", with a 20,000 ft² garden filling in the courtyards on the east side.
- The city government donated the building's site to the Educational Advancement Fund which is developing the project.
- 35,000 square feet of retail occupy the first two floors along State Street.
- University Center dormitories houses 2,000 students.
- Topping out ceremonies occurred the week ending August 16th 2003.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
concrete supplier, elevator supplier, facade maintenance system supplier, facade supplier, fire protection engineering, formwork supplier, general contractor, mechanical systems installation, MEP engineering, property management, roofing supplier, structural engineering, window supplier