Structure in General
- The elevator cabs are wood-paneled with coffered barrel-vaulted ceilings.
- While many skyscrapers lack a 13th floor because of superstition, this one lacks a 49th floor in order to elevate the top occupied level to "50".
- The lobby's east end contains "Twisted Columns", a sculpture by the building's architect Ricardo Bofill. It consists of 3 twisted white stone columns in a black reflecting pool.
- On the west side of the lobby is a stone sculpture "Three Lawyers and a Judge" by Catalan artist Xavier Corberó.
- The lobby's stone walls are finely grooved, like a fluted classical column.
- 540 high-intensity lamps accentuate the plaza and facades at night.
- The 48-foot high main lobby is built of Mediterranean marble and contains bamboo trees and 2 large sculptures. A private side lobby to the east serves as a grand reception area for the main tenant.
- The exterior is made of silver glass and Portuguese white granite.
- The Negotiator, a movie starring Samuel L. Jackson and Kevin Spacey, used this building as a location.
- In 1992 this building won the Best Structure Award from the Structural Engineers Association of Illinois.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
acoustics consultant, developer, electrical contractor, elevator supplier, facade designer, facade maintenance system supplier, facade supplier, general contractor, geotechnical engineering, landscape architect, MEP engineering, owner, property management, structural engineering