Two Prudential Plaza
Structure in general
- The building has a terraced one-acre plaza on its west side with fountains and landscaping.
- At the time of completion "2 Pru" was the world's second tallest reinforced concrete building.
- The distinctive shape features stacked chevron setbacks on the north & south sides, a sharp pyramidal peak rotated 45°, and an 80-foot spire.
- Joined at the lobby level to the much older One Prudential Plaza. Without its spire Two Prudential only barely passes the height of One Pru's antenna.
- In 1995 this building won the Best Structure Award from the Structural Engineers Association of Illinois.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
Structural engineering, Shell construction, General contractor, Mechanical engineering, Facade engineering, Foundation company, Steel supplier, Floor installation, Concrete supplier, Client, Lightning protection, Facade supplier, Facade installation, Property management
Features & Amenities
- Pedway access is available
- Plaza is available to the public