Two Prudential Plaza
Structure in General
- The distinctive shape features stacked chevron setbacks on the north & south sides, a sharp pyramidal peak rotated 45°, and an 80-foot spire.
- The building has a terraced one-acre plaza on its west side with fountains and landscaping.
- At the time of completion "2 Pru" was the world's second tallest reinforced concrete building.
- Joined at the lobby level to the much older One Prudential Plaza. Without its spire Two Prudential only barely passes the height of One Pru's antenna.
- In 1995 this building won the Best Structure Award from the Structural Engineers Association of Illinois.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
client, concrete supplier, facade engineering, facade installation, facade supplier, floor installation, foundation company, general contractor, lightning protection, mechanical engineering, owner, property management, sealants & adhesives supplier, shell construction, steel supplier, structural engineering, wind surveyor
Features & Amenities
- Pedway access is available
- Plaza is available to the public