Trump World Tower
Structure in General
- The building's units have views of Manhattan and the East River through a glass curtain wall.
- The building is supported on Manhattan Rock with bearing capacity of 40 tons per square foot.
- The lateral force resisting system consists of shear walls and frames interacting for the full height of the building with a perimeter concrete "belt" at mid-height and a perimeter concrete "hat" at the top.
- The belt and hat are full-story concrete walls that form a tube around the perimeter of the tower.
- In the preliminary design stages, structural steel was considered very briefly. Concrete framing was chosen for the following reasons: better overall response to wind, reduced floor-to-floor height, elimination of ceiling finishes, better soundproofing, and construction schedule.
- Trump World Tower was the world's tallest all-residential tower from 2000 to 2002, when it was surpassed by Tower Palace Three, Tower G in Seoul.
- The 22-storey United Engineering Center formerly occupied this site.
- The tower's simple slab shape provides sharp contrast to the nearby 100 United Nations Plaza Tower, adorned with balconies and topped with a wedge.
- Tallest building to go up in the city since Citigroup Center in 1977.
- The building has a small but plush lobby.
- The apartment prices, premium location and posh amenities like fireplaces in certain apartments have made the building popular with the very richest and most famous.
- The plant room contains a 600-ton tuned mass damper.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
landscape architect, general contractor, structural engineering, elevator consultant, concrete supplier, facade designer, glass supplier, lighting consultant, foundation company, damper consultant, formwork supplier, excavation company, wind surveyor, interior designer, facade supplier, environmental consultant, developer, owner, elevator supplier, property management, shell construction, project management
Features & Amenities
- Tuned mass damper is installed