Structure in general
- The building was the tallest concrete-framed tower in the city at the time of its completion.
- Intended for an exclusive, wealthy clientele, the luxurious shopping experience at the base of the structure is accessible to the general public.
- A cascading waterfall directly across from the entrance forms the monumental centerpiece of the open interior.
- Trump Tower is a sleek high-rise clad in dark reflective glass with setbacks beginning near of the base of the building which lessen the impact of its bulk on the street below.
- A residential tower, this building takes its architectural cues from the surrounding commercial district in a posh area of Manhattan located at the crossroads of Midtown and Central Park.
- The corner of facade facing the intersection of Fifth Avenue and 56th Street is sliced off in a series of setbacks (forming a sort of hanging garden and place for festive displays), with the corner above that broken diagonally into a series of sawtooth edges running to the top.
- Trump Tower was built on the site of the Stewart & Company Store.
- The cooperation between the architect and developer was a result of Donald Trump's impression with the style Scutt had shown with the "crowned" design of One Astor Plaza, making it distinguishable from the glass-box designs of that day.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
Property management, Developer, Structural engineering, General contractor, Landscape architect, Plumbing contractor, Facade maintenance system installation, Facade maintenance system supplier