One Tower Square, CitiGroup Building
Structure in General
- It was the tallest building in New England for many years.
- At its crown is an 81-foot high pyramidal roof topped by a small cupola housing a powerful beacon.
- The primary facade material is pink Westerly granite.
- The original portion of the building, dating from 1906, stands at 700-704 Main Street.
- The building was expanded southward to 688 Main Street in 1912.
- These two earliest portions of the building are eight stories and 137' tall, have a main roof height of 127', and are constructed of a steel frame with brick facing.
- Travelers Tower was the first commercial building outside of New York City to rise higher than 500 feet.
- The Travelers Tower was the 7th tallest building in the world when it was completed.
- The broad north and south elevations contrast sharply with the narrow east and west ends.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
1-27 Grove Street
1 Tower Square (27 Grove Street)
Also recorded for this building:
owner, property management