Structure in General
- The design was selected from a competition comprising two other entries, one by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP at 1375 feet high, the other by the Richard Rogers Partnership at 1287 feet high.
- Upon completion, this will be the tallest building in North America outside New York City and Chicago.
- In 2008, the height restriction in the city was still 550 feet. For the tower to be built the TJPA will have to receive approval from the Planning Commission.
- The Pelli / Hines design best met the TJPA's operational, functional, and aesthetic requirements, and Hines' offer of a purchase price of $350,000,000 for the Tower property was significantly higher than the offers by the other Teams.
- Unlike the other proposals, the Hines' proposal is designed for 100% commercial office.
- The structure features passive solar shading, geothermal cooling, high performance glazing and wind power generated by four wind turbines.
- Soon after the announcement the proposal came under critcism that the plan was too conservative, provided no housing, and was more or less a copy of Two International Finance Centre in Hong Kong.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
building physics, developer, energy consultant, environmental consultant, landscape architect, MEP engineering, project management, property management, structural engineering