Structure in General
- The design was selected from a competition comprising two other entries, one by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP at 1375 feet high, the other by the Richard Rogers Partnership at 1287 feet high.
- Upon completion, this will be the tallest building in North America outside New York City and Chicago.
- In 2008, the height restriction in the city was still 550 feet. For the tower to be built the TJPA will have to receive approval from the Planning Commission.
- The Pelli / Hines design best met the TJPA's operational, functional, and aesthetic requirements, and Hines' offer of a purchase price of $350,000,000 for the Tower property was significantly higher than the offers by the other Teams.
- Unlike the other proposals, the Hines' proposal is designed for 100% commercial office.
- The structure features passive solar shading, geothermal cooling, high performance glazing and wind power generated by four wind turbines.
- Soon after the announcement the proposal came under critcism that the plan was too conservative, provided no housing, and was more or less a copy of Two International Finance Centre in Hong Kong.
- Salesforce will lease the building's bottom 30 stories as well as the top floor. The leasing contract has been announced on April 11, 2014.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
building physics, developer, energy consultant, environmental consultant, landscape architect, MEP engineering, project management, property management, structural engineering, tenant