Tour du Midi / Zuidertoren
Structure in General
- Reclad in 14 month with unitized glass panels using double glass solarbel silver.
- Tallest building in the Benelux until surpassed by Gebouw Delftse Poort 1.
- Tallest skyscraper in Europe outside Moscow and Warsaw, until surpassed by Tour Montparnasse.
- The building was constructed to consolidate Belgium's national pensions service, which still operates from the building.
- For the construction of this building, 5778 metric tons of steel and about 25 000 m³ concrete was used.
- The total cost of this building when completed was 1.4 billion Belgian Francs.
- A maximum of about 2200 to 2500 employees can work in this office tower.
- This is the tallest high-rise in Belgium.
- The base of the building is 7.1 m high.
- The width and length of the base are variable and smaller than the building: 25 m by 25 m at a height of 7.1 m and 27.6 m by 27.6 m at ground level.
- The elevators have a top speed of 4 m/s. It takes about 30 seconds to reach the top floor.
- A 30 m³ capacity water tank is located on the 29th floor and is accessible to the fire department.
- This high-rise has no address referring to a street. Instead the exact address is simply the building's name in Dutch or French.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
- A. Bressers
- A. Van Acker
- J.F. Petit
- J. Hendrickx
- J. Van Doosselaere
- Marcel Lambrichs
- Michel Jaspers & Partners
- P. Ramon
- R. Aers
- Y. Blomme
Also recorded for this building:
building physics, developer, electrical engineering, facade maintenance system supplier, facade supplier, general contractor, interior fit-out, security system supplier, structural engineering
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings