Structure in General
- The tower receives 1,500 visitors every day.
- The building's facade is very similar to Rainier Tower, designed by the same architect.
- Shortly after the WTC bombings, members of the Basque separatist organization ETA confirmed that they had had plans to conduct a bomb attack on this building, too, but this was prevented by the government finding and seizing the explosives.
- This is the tallest planned building in the AZCA Centre which also includes several other office buildings and a shopping center.
- This is the highest building in Madrid overtaking Torre de Madrid.
- The tower is named after Pablo Picasso, the most famous Spanish artist of the 20th century, who invented the Cubism.
- The entrance arch supports all the facade above it and it has a steel structure under the ground level to support it.
- The glass used in the entrance is a special security glass called STADIP. It is the same glass used in Torre Agbar's facade but with a very diferent purpose.
- The end of the movie 'Abre los ojos' by Alejandro Amenávar (director of the movie the Others) was set on the roof. The scene had the protagonist jump off the building to wake up from the nightmare he was living. Tom Cruise made a version called 'Vanilla Sky'.
- At night the building is totally illuminated with white lights becoming the most noticeable landmark in Madrid's skyline.
- The building will no longer be the tallest in the city or the tallest office building in Spain when Torre Espacio is complete.
- The facade consists of 29,000 square meters of aluminium and glass.
- Torre Picasso was the tallest building in Spain when completed but it was surpassed by Gran Hotel Bali in Benidorm.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
structural engineering, cooling installation, real estate agent, steel supplier, fire protection engineering, security system supplier, facade supplier, construction company, owner, tenant, elevator supplier, property management, MEP engineering
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- Helipad is available