Structure in General
- This is Mexico's tallest skyscraper, surpassing Torre Ejecutiva Pemex in August 2002.
- During September the lights on the top have the colors of the Mexican flag.
- The humidity level of the inside air is approximately 45%.
- The elevators can transport upwards of 70,000 people per day.
- The half moon on the main entrance, which is covered by eleven pairs of columns is of the same size as the one on the top.
- The original name of the project was "Torre Chapultepec".
- The public observatory on the 52nd floor is the highest in the city, surpassing the one in the Torre Latinoamericana.
- 251 piles were used in the foundation, some reaching a depth of 60 meters.
- The building overlooks Chapultepec Park.
- An earthquake measuring 8.5 on the Richter Scale would cause an effect equivalent to 22 mile-per-hour winds.
- Including the underground foundations, the total height is 285 meters.
- The top of the rear side is illuminated at night from Monday to Friday.
- The windows are 2.5 centimeters thick.
- The inside air is changed 6 times every hour to reduce the presence of microorganisms.
- 98 shock absorbers are incorporated into the structure.
- The top of the tower is nearly 8,500 feet above sea level.
- The dual steel structures of the building are the instance of this construction in any skyscraper in México.
- The speed of the elevators reaches 6 meters per second, and it takes 36 seconds to reach the 52nd floor from the ground floor.
- The building has received awards from the IMEI, ADI, AISC, Civil Engineering Research Foundation, CERF and Popular Science Magazine.
- This has been Latin America's tallest skyscraper since its topping-out in 2002. It will be surpassed in 2009 by a number of buildings in Panama City.
- The tower is built to resist winds of 160 miles per hour.
- This has become one of the representative icons of Mexico City.
- The building uses more than 7,000 light bulbs.
- The light at the top is visible from 25 kilometers away.
- 1,700 workers participated in the construction without any fatal accident.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
civil engineering, consultant, damper supplier, developer, elevator supplier, facade consultant, facade engineering, facade supplier, heating installation, interior designer, internal wall supplier, MEP engineering, parking management, project management, pump supplier, sanitary engineering, structural engineering, tenant, window supplier
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- Helipad is available
- Public parking is available