Structure in general
- This tower will be built in substitution for Foru Aldundiaren Dorrea.
- The tower was initially designed with an atrium but the atrium turned into two separate buildings on each side of the tower.
- Iberdrola had showed interest in building a tower in Bilbao since the beggining of the '90s but later declined in favour of Foru Aldundiaren Dorrea. Their interest recovered in 2004.
- Iberdrola will occupy ten floors of the tower and sublease the rest.
- The lot property of Renfe, included in Bilbao Ria 2000, will be sold to Iberdrola for €79 million ($103 million).
- It will surpass Bolueta I as the tallest building in the city of Bilbao and Torre BEC as the tallest building of the Basque Country. It will also hold the tittle for the tallest office building surpassing Torre BEC as well.
- The tallest construction crane is expected to reach a height of 205 metres.
- Floors 1 to 5 will hold a five star ABBA hotel, with 150 rooms.
- The first rock caisson ceremony was on March 19, 2007.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
Tenant, Mortgage bank, Elevator supplier, Real estate agent, Structural engineering, Consultancy, Client, Facade supplier, Developer, Foundation company, Sealants & adhesives supplier, Facade maintenance system supplier
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- Helipad is available