Structure in General
- The top floors of this building hold the highest apartments in Shanghai.
- Starting from a square base, the all-concrete Tomorrow Square tower transforms itself into a diagonal square as it rises to a peak.
- Engineers of the exterior vertical support system were faced with a unique challenge as a result of this unusual shape. They chose flat slabs for the hotel floors and beam and slab construction for the office floors. A combination of shear walls and frame action stabilizes the slender tower laterally against wind and earthquake forces
- The foundations are 80-meter-long bored piles supporting a column mat.
- The building was finally completed on October 1st, 2003.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
elevator supplier, facade consultant, facade maintenance system supplier, owner, structural engineering, tenant