Huntsville Daily Times Building, Huntsville Times Building
Structure in General
art deco / art moderne
- This slender, buff-colored brick tower housed the local newspaper for 27 years until space requirements forced it to relocate in 1956.
- The Times Building is considered to be Huntsville's first skyscraper.
- It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
- Fire Insurance maps indicate a main roof height (excluding roof and penthouse construction) of 125' (38 m).
- Originally slated to have only 11 floors, a 12th floor was added after it was announced that the Russell Erskine Apartments would have 12 floors, in order to remain Huntsville's tallest at the time. As a result, the elevator only reaches the 11th floor.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information