The Trump Building
Structure in General
- Forty Wall Street was completed in 11 months, a record-breaking feat for a building containing nearly one million square feet of floor space.
- This tower was once part of a celebrated three-way race to become the tallest building in the world.
- Despite its height, the skyscraper loses much of its impact because it is a midblock site, situated next to the mighty Greek Revival Federal Hall National Memorial.
- Briefly held the world's tallest title until it was eclipsed by the spire of Chrysler Building.
- The Trump Organization acquired the building as a speculative venture in 1995, and the block-through lobby was renovated by Der Scutt Architects.
- Is often called the "Crown Jewel of Wall Street".
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
developer, facade supplier, general contractor, steel supplier, structural engineering, tenant
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- City landmark