The Sail Tower
Structure in General
- Construction officially ended on February 28th, 2002.
- Ground-breaking June 1999, construction began November 1999.
- Variable floor size ranges from 850 m² to 1,300 m².
- Referred to as "The Rocket" by locals.
- The tower is planned to be connected by bridge to a future central rail station; a similar solution already exists in Azrieli Center in Tel Aviv.
- Vertical radius of the convexed parts of the tower is roughly 2 kilometers.
- Gross floor area of the tower core, 450 m²; central aisle inside is 3 meters wide.
- Throughout the stretched plaza there are ten big steel arcs. Underneath them are mosaics describing Haifa's history, including a city map from 1773 and a painting of Mount Carmel from 1667.
- The tower's name attributes its ship-sail shape.
- Eighth place finish in Emporis.com's 'Best Skyscraper of 2002'.
- Both pointed horns enclose transmission equipment.
- One of several major complexes to be built in the passing years, as part of the "District Government Centers Project", founded in order to situate most government employees in a single compund for every country district; The HaYovel Tower in Tel Aviv and the District Government Center in Beer Sheva are parts of the same project.
- The tower is entered from an elevated plaza 9.5 meters above HaAtzmaut Street, which is connected to the plaza via a separate public lobby with 2 more elevators.
- The energy center is adjacent to the tower, next to the parking level on HaAtzmaut Street and above it is a large terraced garden.
- It contains computer-controlled smart elevators with four elevators for floors 1 to 14 and another four elevators for floors 14 to 26.
- The lobby and two floors above it serve the Israel Ministry of Interior Affairs and are separate from the office floors.
- Tallest skyscraper in Haifa from 2002.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
acoustics consultant, construction company, cooling installation, elevator consultant, elevator supplier, formwork supplier, owner, project management, structural engineering
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- Public parking is available