The Plaza on Dewitt
Structure in General
- This building is a prototype of the tubular structure used later in the John Hancock Center and Sears Tower. A rigid screen of perimeter columns braces the structure and allows open floorplans.
- The next step in SOM's development of the tube structure was the double-tube in the Cook County Administration Building.
- This is the tallest high-rise in Chicago clad in travertine. The only others using this stone as a major facade material are 500 North Michigan and The Montgomery.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
developer, financing, general contractor, mechanical systems installation, property management, structural engineering
Features & Amenities
- Bicycle storage is available
- Doorman is available
- Exercise facility is available
- Hospitality room is available
- Laundry room is available
- Storage space is available
- Sundeck is available
- Swimming pool is available