Structure in General
- F. Scott Fitzgerald and wife Zelda lived here when daughter Frances was born in 1921.
- The hotel was popular with gangsters including Al Capone and Ma Barker during the 1920s and 1930s.
- It has since been renovated into owner-occupied condominiums, many of which are duplex units.
- In addition to the condominiums, the building contains a private bar managed by the University Club of St. Paul, and houses the Commodore Squash Club.
- The Buckingham in Minneapolis was built by the same team at about the same time. It now serves as apartments.
- It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a contributing member of the Historic Hill District.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
construction company, developer, general contractor
Features & Amenities
- National landmark
- Courtyard is present