Sunshine 60 Building
Structure in General
- Offices occupy floors 10 to 57. On the lower floors workers have access to a post office, banks, showrooms, cafeterias, a health care center, and a day care center. Restaurants featuring panoramic views are located on the 58th and 59th floors.
- This is currently the tallest building in Toshima-ku.
- The Sunshine Starlight Dome inside the building is a newly reformed planetarium. It is equipped with the digital image system SKYMAX. The number of fixed stars projected onto the dome has been increased in the recent reform to more than 400,000.
- The Sunshine 60 tower was Japan's tallest building at the time of its completion in 1978.
- The Sunshine International Aquarium on the eleventh floor keeps, among many marine animals, Ocean Sunfish.
- At the time of completion, the elevators were the fastest in the world at 600 meters per minute. This means a roughly 35 second ride to the 60th floor.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
construction company, elevator supplier, structural engineering
Features & Amenities
- Observation floor is available