Structure in General
- During construction the tower was hit by lightning that started a small fire.
- According to advertisements and tour guides, the tower is "as tall as a 100-story building".
- Other top-of-the-tower rides include world's highest roller coaster and two rides that involve having the visitors hang off the edge of the tower.
- Part of the 228-foot high mast has a 160-foot long ride "Big Shot" that takes you up and drops you at 45mph.
- Tallest free-standing structure in western North America.
- Top levels of tower include a lounge, restaurant, observation decks, wedding chapel, and thrill rides.
- Tower is part of the Stratosphere Hotel and Casino.
- The maximum elevator speed is 540 m/min.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
antenna site management, architectural metalwork supplier, concrete supplier, crane supplier (construction), developer, elevator supplier, facade engineering, facade maintenance system supplier, formwork supplier, general contractor, lighting consultant, MEP engineering, owner, shell construction, steel supplier, wind surveyor
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- Revolving floor is present