Structure in General
- The building exceeds the current UK regulations relating to sustainability by 13% whilst overall carbon emissions are expected to be 15% lower than the Mayor of London's good practice benchmark.
- The energy costs per flat are envisaged to be up to 40% less than Britain's typical housing average.
- Featured on-site is a combined heat and power system to provide sustainable power generation; rainwater is harvested for reuse.
- The three 9m-diameter wind turbines at the top of the building generate sufficient energy to either provide lighting for the whole building or provide electricity for 20 apartments.
- It is the first building in the world with integral wind turbines.
- The building is located in one of London's Energy Action Areas and therefore sustainability was important for the design.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
client, construction management, consultant, developer, environmental consultant, hoist supplier (construction), landscape architect, planning consultant, real estate agent, structural engineering, wind surveyor
Features & Amenities
- Rainwater is recycled
- Wind turbines are present