Structure in General
- This building has been designed as a tribute to the former president of the UAE, Shaikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
- The broadly inverted conical tower sits atop a flared, gently undulating podium which is home to a variety of public amenities.
- Half of the building's power requirements are generated by the array of rooftop wind turbines.
- Seawater cooling, photovoltaic cells and wind turbines at roof level help the building set the standard for other energy-efficient buildings within the UAE.
- The unique form of the building ensures that solar gain is substantially reduced.
- The building is covered with gold-coloured titanium crystal which make it shimmer with reflected light.
- The building's skin has been designed to counter solar gain by 90%.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Al Ittihad Square
United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates
Also recorded for this building:
structural engineering, quantity surveyor, MEP engineering
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings