Structure in General
- The innovative design was the brainchild of Ralph Johnson, chief designer for Perkins + Will in Chicago.
- In contrast to traditional rectangular or square designs, the building allows every resident a clear view of the water.
- The building has 220 foundation caissons.
- The building features the world's tallest water wall, measuring 64 feet (19.5 meters) and falling from the top of the 6-story parking garage into a public/private park at ground level.
- On Saturday, March 3, 2007, a 120 concrete truck convoy facilitated a concrete pour of 33,000 cubic feet of concrete.
- This building surpassed Bank of America Tower as St. Petersburg's tallest building when it was topped out in 2008.
- The building's slim design resembles a gossamer sail.
- The slim profile minimizes intrusion upon bayside views of neighboring high-rises.
- Before construction began, the St. Petersburg Times deemed the building's design "one of its (Saint Petersburg's) most unusual" proposals for downtown.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
concrete supplier, crane supplier (construction), developer, electrical contractor, financing, general contractor, geotechnical engineering, landscape architect, real estate agent, water landscape designer
Features & Amenities
- Balconies are available
- Doorman is available
- Exercise facility is available
- Sundeck is available
- Swimming pool is available