Sheraton Dallas Hotel Central Tower
Structure in General
- Adam's Mark Hotels renovated this building along with two others. The buildings were chosen for conversion because of their proximity to a DART Light Rail station.
- The former sole tenant of this building was Southland Corporation, the company that is parent company of 7-Eleven convenience stores.
- Tallest building west of the Mississippi River from 1959 to 1964 until surpassed by Republic Center Tower II.
- The grand opening festivities lasted three days, April 12-14, 1959.
- The facade's 1,344 spandrel panels are light weight precast concrete faced with Italian glass mosaic tiles.
- For many years after the building's opening the most exclusive restaurant in downtown Dallas was the Chaparral Club on the 37th floor.
- Currently the tallest hotel building in Texas.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
general contractor, structural engineering, mechanical systems installation, electrical engineering, plumbing contractor, mechanical engineering, electrical contractor, developer, construction company, tenant, owner, door installation, geotechnical engineering, shell construction