Sheraton Dallas Hotel Central Tower
Structure in general
- Adam's Mark Hotels renovated this building along with two others. The buildings were chosen for conversion because of their proximity to a DART Light Rail station.
- Currently the tallest hotel building in Texas.
- The former sole tenant of this building was Southland Corporation, the company that is parent company of 7-Eleven convenience stores.
- For many years after the building's opening the most exclusive restaurant in downtown Dallas was the Chaparral Club on the 37th floor.
- Tallest building west of the Mississippi River from 1959 to 1964 until surpassed by Republic Center Tower II.
- The grand opening festivities lasted three days, April 12-14, 1959.
- The facade's 1,344 spandrel panels are light weight precast concrete faced with Italian glass mosaic tiles.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Recorded for this building:
Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Structural engineering, Shell construction, General contractor, Construction company, Plumbing contractor, Geotechnical engineering, Mechanical systems installation, Electrical contractor, Owner