Structure in General
- Due to the design, the roof is at 450 ft., mechanical penthouse roof at 479 ft. and the feature roof at 489 ft.
- Top 24 floors feature 130 "work/live" condominiums.
- The shape of the tower is a virtual triangle.
- Land acquisition: 1.3 acres cost $25.2 million, purchased from Marathon Developments Inc.
- The 3,000 m3 of concrete used for the raft slab foundation set the record for the largest continuous pour in Vancouver history.
- Lower 16 floors are offices and the top 24 are residential.
- The main floor features a bright 30-foot high atrium.
- Shaw, the tower's namesake, occupies 12 full floors.
- It was January 25, 2001 that Shaw Communications Inc. was announced as the tower's anchor tenant.
- Upon completion the project had placed over 38,000 m3 of concrete.
- Office space is 283,572sf with residential at 211,710sf of usable space.
- Action film star Jean-Claude Van Damme purchased an entire penthouse floor here.
- The Jim Pattison Group, Canada's third largest privately held company, moved from the Guinness Tower across the street and leased an entire floor because the new tower blocked their view.
- While under construction Shaw Tower was a film set for the motion picture I, Robot starring Will Smith.
- The Shaw corporate logo at the top of the tower is the highest signage above ground in the city.
- There are two official addresses: 1067 is the business address while 1077 is the address for residential.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
concrete supplier, construction company, developer, electrical engineering, elevator consultant, elevator supplier, excavation company, facade installation, facade supplier, financing, geotechnical engineering, glass supplier, landscape architect, lighting consultant, master plan architect, mechanical engineering, plumbing contractor, property management, real estate agent, sealants & adhesives supplier, steel supplier, structural engineering, tenant, wind surveyor
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings