Structure in General
- Plans call for 5,605,891 square feet of gross floor space.
- The building's green credentials are legion with a triple glazed low E façade, solar cells which feed electricity back into the Moscow grid, precipitation harvesting which reduces the need for the toilets' water by 30% and the potential for thermopiles and cooling by river water.
- Groundbreaking was attended by Moscow's mayor, Yuir Luzhkov, as well as members of the Moscow Government.
- On completion, this would have been the tallest naturally ventilated tower in the world.
- The triangular shape means that the residential, hotel and office elements can all have their own entrance.
- Construction work stopped in October 2008 because of financial problems.
- On 27 April, 2009, Alexander Kuzmin, Moscow Head Architect, announced that the project was cancelled due to financial problems.
- This would have been the tallest building in Europe on completion.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
acoustics consultant, client, elevator consultant, lighting consultant, structural engineering, sustainable design consultant, wind surveyor
Features & Amenities
- Observation floor is available
- Rainwater is recycled
- Solar panels are installed