Russell Investments Center
Structure in General
- The average street elevation in front of the tower is 100'-10" making the overall elevation from the entry lobby entrance sidewalk 576' or 597'-7" from the lowest point at street level.
- On November 12, 2002 the Seattle City Council passed the land use legislation needed to pave the way for the WaMu Tower and the new art museum.
- The Seattle Art Museum will double in size when it moves into the new tower.
- Demolition on the site was finished on June 18, 2004.
- Office building construction will utilize a 630 EC-H 20 tower crane from 10/4/04 to 11/15/05.
- On the site of the 76-year-old Seattle Art Museum called Museum Plaza.
- New headquarters of the nation's sixth-largest bank.
- A roof garden is featured on the 17th floor.
- Biggest addition to the downtown Seattle skyline in more than 15 years since the thrice-named Seattle Municipal Tower.
- May 11, 2005: three ironworkers were injured when a steel crossbeam partially collapsed on the 8th floor.
- August 12, 2005: the tower's concrete structural core topped-out at 638'-6" from the top of footing.
- Top of architectural screen wall is at elevation 676'-10". Street elevations vary from a low of 79'-3" to a high of 104'-2".
- Tenants began moving in on March 24, 2006.
- Used in the construction of the structure: 103,000 tons of concrete, 13,000 tons of structural steel, 7,200 tons of reinforcing steel, 136 miles of wire and 54 miles of conduit.
- The tower features a 20,000-square-foot patio on the rooftop large enough for people to take short walks along footpaths.
- About 5,000 people work in WaMu Center.
- The design was influenced by Rockefeller Center and Embarcadero Center.
- After the failure of Washington Mutual Bank, the tower was renamed Chase Center on June 1, 2009.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
developer, electrical engineering, facade supplier, fire protection engineering, general contractor, interior designer, mechanical systems installation, structural engineering