RSA Battle House Tower
Structure in General
- The concrete for the foundation of the tower was poured during the weekend of November 7, 2003, in what was locally referred to as being “The Big Pour.”.
- The foundation slab is over 7 feet thick, with just over 5 feet of it resting below the natural water table of downtown Mobile.
- This is the tallest building along the Gulf Coast outside of Houston, surpassing One Shell Square in New Orleans.
- The tower consists of 25 office floors, 3 lobby floors, 4 hotel floors, and one service floor.
- Its lighted crown is visible from 30 miles away along Mobile Bay.
- Topped-out on Saturday, September 16, 2006, with a Sikorsky S-61 helicopter placing the final 91-foot tall, fiberglass spire in place.
- This is Alabama's tallest building surpassing the Wells Fargo Tower in Birmingham.
- Tallest building in Mobile since 2006 when it passed the RSA-BankTrust Building.
- Announced in July 2001 as a 37 floor, 600 foot tower.
- Celebrated its grand opening on Friday, May 11, 2007, with the first lighting of its crown.
- During construction, 5 hurricanes hit near Mobile causing delays in the construction of this building. Frances and Ivan in 2004 and Cindy, Dennis and Katrina in 2005.
- It takes its name from the adjacent Battle House Hotel, which was renovated and completely restored as a part of this project.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
developer, electrical engineering, elevator supplier, facade maintenance system supplier, fire protection engineering, formwork supplier, general contractor, geotechnical engineering, glass supplier, interior fit-out, mechanical engineering, MEP engineering, owner, property management, real estate agent, structural engineering
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings