Royal York Hotel
Structure in General
- When completed it stood as the tallest building and largest hotel in the British Commonwealth.
- The hotel stands on the former site of Ontario Terrace, a brick row house project built in 1843 and used as another hotel since 1853.
- Part of the famous Canadian Pacific Railway chain of hotels including Le Château Frontenac in Quebec City, the The Fairmont Banff Springs in Banff, and The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver in Vancouver.
- Underwent a $100 million restoration from 1988 to 1993.
- The eastern wing of this building was constructed in 1956-1957.
- The Royal York Hotel's official grand opening was held on June 11, 1929 with colossal fanfare.
- Tallest building in Toronto and Canada from 1929-1931, surpassing Sterling Tower and surpassed by Commerce Court North.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
electrical engineering, elevator consultant, general contractor, owner, tenant
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings