Hotel Olds, Jack Tar Hotel, Plaza Hotel, State Office Building, George W. Romney Building
Structure in General
beaux-arts / historism
- The former Hotel Olds was renovated and reconfigured into the Romney Building by Hobbs & Black Associates in 1990.
- The former Hotel Olds closed in the mid 1970's.
- There is a ten-story atrium, beginning on the fourth floor.
- This building houses offices for the Department of Management and Budget, Office of the Governer and some legislative offices.
- It was built on the site of the Oakland Building.
- The structural height includes a small parapet that rises above the penthouse roof, supporting decorative cornices on each corner.
- The 1990 renovation included the addition of 45,000 square feet wrapped around the original light court of the building, creating an interior atrium.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
111 South Capitol Avenue