Structure in General
- Reichstagsgebäude was totally renovated and redesigned by Foster and Partners.
- 1933 partly destroyed (Reichstagsbrand), 1995 wrapped by artist Christo; since 1999 official seat of Bundestag (parliament)
- The spiral walkway inside the cupola is similar to that inside City Hall in London.
- The building's electricity is generated by burning bio-fuel made from vegetable oil - which is cleaner than fossil fuels - with surplus heat used to heat water stored in an underground aquifer 300 metres (984 feet) below ground which can be pumped up to heat the building or used to chill water.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
cooling installation, elevator supplier, facade consultant, facade maintenance system installation, facade supplier, fire protection engineering, lighting consultant, sealants & adhesives supplier, structural engineering, transparent fire protection supplier
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- City landmark
- National landmark