Structure in General
- The elevators (by KONE Elevators Pty Ltd) are the fastest in Australia, travelling at 9.0 meters per second (1772 ft/min).
- Q1 became the tallest self-supported structure in Australia on completion, surpassing the 274-meter Mount Isa Chimney Stack. On the continent only the guyed masts at Omega Base (Sale, VIC) & Tower Zero (Exmouth,WA) are higher. Q1 is the 16th building on the Gold Coast to hold the "tallest title" since the first highrise in 1957.
- Q1 is the tallest all-residential tower in the world.
- The oval-shaped spire is one of the world's longest at 93.5 meters. It starts at level 77 (230 meters high) and extends 47 meters above the glass fin.
- The spire weighs 110 tonnes and was put up in 8 tonne segments during June and July 2005, reaching full height on July 18.
- The stainless steel spire has internal access and tapers from 1.8 m to .8 m in diameter.
- Q1 Tower was the world's first all-residential building to exceed 1,000 feet in height.
- The building officially opened on 26 October 2005.
- Powerful arc lights illuminate the spire and are visible from 200 kilometers away.
- The level 60 skygarden holds a 30 meter high rainforest with an outdoor terrace observatory 180 meters above street level.
- The 74th floor has the highest external balconies in Australia, 217 meters above ground.
- Q1 boasts the highest swimming pool in Australia (15m x 6m), located in the penthouse on level 74, 217 meters above ground level.
- Q1 Tower has the same number of apartment levels as Eureka Tower with 74.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
Also recorded for this building:
construction company, consultant, developer, elevator supplier, facade engineering, interior designer, structural engineering, wind surveyor
Features & Amenities
- Business center is available
- Exercise facility is available
- Hospitality room is available
- Observation floor is available
- Sauna is available
- Sundeck is available
- Swimming pool is available
- Wintergarden is present