PG&E Building and the Matson Building
Structure in General
beaux-arts / historism
- After the damage experienced in the 1989 earthquake the PG&E Building and the Matson Building along with two annex buildings (all ranging in height from 8 to 18 stories) were joined together as one during a 3-year $178 million overhaul to create the renovated PG&E Headquarters.
- The Matson Building, 215 Market, was completed in 1923 and is the taller of the two "joined" buildings by seven feet.
- Official PG&E corporate address is 245 Market Street.
- Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.
Do you need more information about this building and its related companies?More Information
201-245 Market Street
215-245 Market Street at Main Street, SW corner
Also recorded for this building:
Features & Amenities
- One of the city's famous buildings
- City landmark
- National landmark